Sunday, 2/3/08

We finally left the dock today.  We sailed to Steve's Landing.  It took 6 ½ hours to get here.  We went from the marina to Clear Lake to Galveston Bay to the Houston Ship Channel to the ICW and finally to Steve's Landing.  The Ship Channel was windy and choppy.  It made my stomach hurt.  But the ICW was calm and sunny.  I am happy we left.

Monday, 2/4/08

Today we went from Steve's Landing to Taylor Bayou.  It was foggy in the morning and clear in the afternoon.  On the ICW we saw a river otter, a goat, a longhorn, and donkeys.  These were great sights.  Chris made a list of the birds he saw.  It all made me very happy.  When we got to Taylor Bayou, Dad had to dive on the propeller.  He said there could be alligators, but we didn't see any.

Tuesday, 2/5/08

We went to Orange today.  We went through a big lake in the ICW.  The lake was very choppy.  It took 4 ½ hours to get here.  When we got closer to Orange, it started to stink because of the mud.  We tied up at a dock at an abandoned marina.  It is falling apart because it got hit by Hurricane Rita.

Chris and I played some games on a fallen telephone pole and I rode my scooter in the grass and gravel.  We had a lot of fun.  We saw an immature bald eagle with a fish in its talons.  That was cool!  I am happy.

Wednesday, 2/6/08

Dad took off the broken wind generator today.  I helped Dad with a water tank project.  When I wasn't needed, I played with Chris on a fallen telephone pole.  We played very fun games, such as Log Warz and Defend the Log.  I am very happy.  I also hammered a lot of nails in the dock.  Some nails were so far out that the boards were sticking out.

Thursday, 2/7/08

We left Orange today.  We went to anchor in Bayou Choupique.  We saw Roseate Spoonbills, White Pelicans, seagulls and ibises there.  It was too shallow though so we couldn't stay.  We had to go to the Mermentau River instead.  It was a long trip and I was very bored.  It is very peaceful here.  I fell asleep in the cockpit.  I am happy.
next page