last page
next page
Sunday, 2/15/09

This morning Grandpa, Chris, Dad and I went looking for a snorkeling spot.  We found two spots and a nice beach.  Grandpa and I stayed on the beach while Bro and Dad went to get Mom and Grandma.  At the beach, there were tons of iguanas!  We even saw a few babies in the trees.  One iguana came down the beach and started to play around with our yellow shovel.  That was funny.  There were also tide pools with fish, sea urchins, snails, chitons, and plume worms.  Plume worms look like flowers and they suck back into small tubes when disturbed.  They are so cool.

After the beach, we went snorkeling.  Grandpa didn't snorkel.  Grandma, Chris and Mom went to a pretty reef near shore.  Dad & I went to a reef farther out to spearfish.  Dad got a small lobster and a bar jack.  I got nothing.

Then we went home.  Dad, Chris and Grandpa went back out spearfishing.  Dad got a huge lobster and a grouper.  I am happy. ©

Monday, 2/16/09

Today we sailed back to George Town.  We caught no fish.  We got a good anchoring spot close to the beach.

We went to the beach in the afternoon.  Rio Dulce isn't back yet, so it was us, Gotta Life, and some new kids.  I met Jennifer who is 11 years old, and Sheena who is also 11.  I hung out with an 11 year old named Dillon and his 14 year old brother Brett.   I had fun.  I am happy.©

Tuesday, 2/17/09

Today was fun.   Today started with a great game of Monopoly with Chris, Grandma and Dad.  Dad traded me Park Place, giving me a monopoly because I already had Boardwalk.  I got enough money to put hotels on them, and after that, I won pretty quickly.

After a good morning, Grandma and Grandpa treated us to a good lunch at St. Francis.  I got some tasty hot wings.  Then we went to the beach.  I met Clara, a 12 year old, and her sister Afa, and two brothers, Kook and Toot whose ages I don't know.  They are on Socia.  Clara and Afa are visiting (they live back in Massachusetts with their mom and are leaving soon).  Rio Dulce still isn't back.

The greatest thing happened today.  More Cowbell came back!  They are staying until the 28th, Sam's and AnneMarie's birthdays.  They were born within hours of each other.  I am happy. ©

Wednesday, 2/18/09

Grandma and Grandpa left today early in the morning.  We said goodbye and they went to the airport.  Actually, first Mom and Dad took them to the beach so Elvis could pick them up in the water taxi and take them across the harbour.  Then they got a regular taxi with Junior to the airport.

We went to the beach in the afternoon.  Rio Dulce finally came back.  Brian and I met another 9 year old boy Colton.  He has a 17 year old sister (Brie) and a 4 year old sister (Darby).  We got a raft Brian had secretly found and put two logs under the boards to make it float.  Without the logs, we would sink with a person on board.  It can hold two people.  Brian and I were paddling around and the logs rolled out.  We had to jump overboard and pull the boat in.  It is very slow.  We'll name it the Viper.  I am happy. ©

Thursday, 2/19/09

We had an exciting morning today.  Mom and Dad left Chris and me on the boat to do our schoolwork while they went shopping in George Town.  Dad had put the mattresses and pillows on the deck to air out while they were gone.   We were doing our schoolwork, when the man from Aficionado knocked on our boat and gave us a pillow that had flown overboard.  We decided to bring in all the pillows, but not the mattresses because we thought they were too big to fly over.  Wrong we were.  A little while later, we heard Mom and Dad's mattress slide overboard.  Mom and Dad had told us to call either Rocinante or Nice 'n Easy if we had any problems, but they weren't home, so I quickly told Chris to call Aficionado.  He picked it up for us and we thanked him.  Now we piled everything in the cockpit.  Then we went back to doing our schoolwork, thinking everything was now okay.  Wrong again.  We heard a clunk on the bow and went up to investigate.  We couldn't figure out what was wrong, so we looked around and took our bearings to make sure we hadn't dragged.  We decided we hadn't, but we called Mom and Dad anyways and they came home.  They decided that we had dragged and the clunk was the anchor resetting.  We re-anchored and everything was okay.

After all that, we went to the beach for a regular beach day.  Brian, Colton, and I tied on the logs and did other work on our raft.  We even made an anchor (a slipper knot tied to a cinder block piece).  It's heavy enough to hold the Viper in place.  We paddled around some.  When we were done, we played with the other kids.

We went to More Cowbell for dinner.  Sam, Chris and I played an awesome game on Sam's computer called Net Hack 'til 11:00pm.  Mr. Dave put it on a flash drive for our computer.  I am
J. ©

Friday, 2/20/09

Chris and I successfully downloaded Net Hack onto our computer.  Then we did school.

At the beach today, Colton and I (Brian wasn't there) played around.  Our raft turned out to be something for the opening night of Regatta on March 6th and we had to give it up.  We had fun.  Then Tauá came!  We met them last year in the Abacos.  Claudia immediately joined the kids.  It is good to see her again.  I played football with some older guys.  I had fun.

Now I'm off to play Net Hack.  I am happy. ©

Saturday, 2/21/09

We did school today.  At noon, we and other kids went to choir practice at St. Francis.  The kids are singing tomorrow at Beach Church.  We have Gotta Life (Geneva & Erin), Water Music (Sheena), Hullabaloo (Colton & Brie), Tauá (Claudia), More Cowbell (Sam),and us (Chris and me (Josh)).  Rio Dulce (Brian, Brady, and Ann Marie) don't usually come to Beach Church.

After practice, we all went to the beach.  Brian wasn't there, so Colton and I played.  He brought a football, so we played with that.

This evening there was a dance at the Chat 'n Chill.  All the kids were there, so Brian, Colton and I played.  We mostly scared Darby by bringing here on a dark forest path, pointing, yelling "monster" and running.  We had fun.  I am happy. ©