last page
next page
Sunday, 3/22/09

This morning, we went to the salt pond at Normans Pond Cay.  We actually moved Liberty and anchored near Normans Pond Cay because the water was rough and the dinghy ride would have been bad.  This way, we had a shorter, calmer, and drier dinghy ride.  Because of the tide, it was hard to get the dinghy into the creek that leads to the salt pond, and once we got there, we couldn't stay long.  We found cool upside-down jellyfish and dinghied into the salt pond to show Erik the remains of the structures where they used to collect the salt.

We hung out on the beach when we got done with the salt pond.  We found lots of shells.  I had lots of fun.

When we got back to the boat, Dad, Chris and Erik went snorkeling.  I stayed back with Mom.  When they got back, we moved back to Lee Stocking Island anchorage.

After dinner, Chris, Erik, and I stayed up 'til 11:00pm with Dad, watching Star Wars II.  I am J. ©

Monday, 3/23/09

Today started well with a coconut French toast breakfast.  Then we hiked two trails:  the Loyalist Trail to the ocean side, and Perry Trail to Perry's Peak, the highest point in the Exumas.  On the ocean side, the kids built a foxhole in the sand.  We made a small, guarded area facing the huge waves.  I mostly gathered wood and sticks for the guarded area.  We made really fun game.  One person would go into the fort, while the other two filled up junk water bottles and threw them at the person in the fort.  You would get soaked with water, but the fort held the bottles back.  I had a lot of fun there. 

We came back to the beach and had a picnic lunch.  When we were done, we hiked to Perry's Peak.  We hiked here with Grandma & Grandpa.  The view was gorgeous.  We even saw our fort!  It was cool.

We came back to the boat and moved to Williams Cay.  I am
happy. ©

Tuesday, 3/24/09

It was very windy today.  Dad, Chris, Erik, and I went out to Tug and Barge Rocks to fish and snorkel.  It was too rough to snorkel, but we still fished.  Erik caught a baby red hind, and I caught a baby Nassau grouper, but we released them.

At the boat, we played Clue and Monopoly.  Dad won Monopoly, and Chris won Clue.  I had lots of fun.

Mom and I met Alexander Glyn, a catamaran with two kids, Macey who is 8 years old, and Preston, who is 10.  I am
J. ©

Wednesday, 3/25/09

Today we hiked to the oceanside.  The kids climbed rocks and had fun.  It was awesome.

After lunch, we came back to the beach with Alexander Glyn.  Preston, Macey and I went up to a small cave in the rocks.  Erik and Chris went to a big cave near ours.  Chris tried to capture our cave multiple times, but we kept him back by throwing
fine sand that produced a smoke-like effect.  It was fun.

When it got dark, we made a big bombfire (as Bro calls it) and we all roasted marshmallows.  Preston and I played in the bushes after roasting some marshmallows.  We are really good friends.  I am
J. ©

Thursday, 3/26/09

Today was fun.  We sailed to Barraterre with Alexander Glyn.  When we got there, we went into town to find Mr. Norman.  He said last week that Dad could borrow his car to take Erik back to the airport.  But, he wasn't there.  Someone said he went to George Town.  I guess he forgot about us.  So, Dad, Chris, and Erik shared a rented van with Mr. Eric and Ms. Alison.  They dropped Erik off at the airport and went to George Town to provision.

I went to Alexander Glyn to play.  We played with Legos.  I had tons of fun.  We also played Mario Kart on the Wii.  It was fun too!  I was there all afternoon.  When everybody got back from George Town, they all came to Alexander Glyn for dinner.  I am happy. ©

Friday, 3/27/09

Today was okay.  We had to split up with Alexander Glyn because they are going back to Williams Cay and then on to George Town, and we were headed to the Jumentos.  We are not taking the normal route to the Jumentos.  Instead of going out into the Sound (where the weather really is not that good right now) and on to George Town and then to the Jumentos, we are going down the back side, on the shallow banks.  Today we came to Jimmy Cay.  We are the only ones here.

We dingied up a mangrove creek and saw stingrays, snappers, bonefish, grunts, turtles, and even sharks!  It was very cool.  You don't usually see all these things.  I am happy. ©

Saturday, 3/28/09

Today was pretty good.  We took a very long dinghy ride to
snorkel at a cut with a ledge that was supposed to be pretty, but the water was murky and there really wasn't anything to see, and there was a strong current.  So, we came home and hung out.  I played Monopoly with Chris.  I had fun.

Dad, Chris and I watched Star Wars I.  I am happy. ©

Sunday, 3/29/09

About an hour ago, we came back from an awesome snorkeling trip!  We came to Hawksbill Rocks, a place where cruisers don't come.  The reef we went to was beautiful.  There were tons of baby fish, and grunts and small snappers were swarming all over.  Queen angelfish and queen triggerfish were also there.  Coral was there in an abundance of shapes, sizes, and colors.  We even found lobster and speared 13 and a Nassau grouper!  I saw two or three hogfish, though they were too fast to be speared.  And cruising through the reef was a 2 - 2 ½ ft. remora.  We wondered where its 12ft. shark was.  It was one of the most beautiful reefs I've ever seen. Then
we came home and had a delicious dinner of lobster and Nassau grouper.  I am J. ©

Monday, 3/30/09

We sailed to Water Cay today.  We are finally in the Jumentos.  Tauá is here.  We went to the beach together.  There are large cliffs here, so Chris and I climbed them.  It was fun.  Then Chris, Claudia, and I found hermit crabs to keep as pets.  I got seven and named them after Jedis - Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, & Kwi-Gon-Jin.  Bro got some too.  Claudia's are very active.  We have a container, food and water, but we need a bigger container.  I am happy. ©

Tuesday, 3/31/09

Today was good.  We got school done quickly, and Dad, Chris & I snorkeled on a ship wreck, while Mom went with Tauá to a beach.  It wasn't very pretty.  We had to dive a few feet, look under the boat, and all you saw was grunts.  So, we left and went to the beach with Tauá.  Chris and I played and found shells.  I had more fun there.

Back on Liberty, we found a new hermit crab.  He was climbing in Mom's shell bucket without a shell.  We put him in our "crabitat" and gave him a few shells to choose from.  He is huge, so we named him Godzilla.

Dad went with Mr. Peter to try to find a few lobsters, since today is the last day of the season.  Mom, Chris and I went over to Tauá.  When Dad and Mr. Peter got back (without any lobsters), they came to Tauá and we had a snack dinner.  Chris, Claudia, and I played Mario Bros.  Then Chris went to the table with the adults, so Claudia and I played Nintendogs.  I got a male Siberian husky and named him Sooty.  I had fun.  I am happy. ©