Friday, 5/8/09

Today went smoothly.  After school, we were going to snorkel at Loggerhead Cay (a very close cay), but Dad forgot his mask and the tide was too low, so we went to a beach instead.  Chris and I climbed some cliff hills and there was a fine view at the top.  Then we found shells.  I had a lot of fun.

Then we came home and I beat Chris at Monopoly.  After dinner, Chris and I watched Bonanza.  I am happy. ©

Saturday, 5/9/09

Today was good.  We snorkeled at a reef in the morning.  It was a little bit pretty - a bunch of small fish and some coral.

Then we did school.  After school, we explored the oceanside.  It was all rock.  Bro & I climbed a cliff.  It was fun.

When we came back, Bro and I went sailing.  We both had fun.  The wind was good.  I handled the sheet, while Chris did the tiller.

After dinner, while we were playing hearts, Mom heard a voice.  We are the only ones here, so we went up to see what it was.  It was Phil, Ty, and Mr. Robert (the teacher) from Duncan Town in Phil's new motorboat.  He saw our mast and stopped to say hi.  It's nice to see them again.  Phil invited us back to Duncan Town.  I don't know if we'll go.

I forgot to say that before we explored, Chris convinced Mom to let him go in the water to take pics of the two lemon sharks that hang out here.  I watched from the dinghy.  When the sharks came to check Chris out, he quickly scrambles into the dinghy.  It was funny.  I am happy. ©

Sunday, 5/10/09

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there.  For Mother's Day, I made Mom a necklace with limpets (a type of shell) on it.  It fits well and Mom loves it.

At 7:30am, we set sail for Duncan Town.  In 2 ½ hours, we put down the anchor and zipped through the mangrove channel (in the dinghy) for the 11:00 church service.  Like last time, it was at the Church of God of Prophecy.  People remembered and welcomed us.  The service was like last time.  Mom and I baked Rice Krispie Treats and brought them to share with the congregation.  People liked them, including me.  Last time we were here, we brought chocolate chip cookies.

We got internet at the Bonefish Lodge, and stopped by to see Mr. Phil at his house.  We borrowed Mr. Kit's golf cart to go see Mr. Percy's plane.  The road was rocky and bumpy.  It passed right over the airstrip.  When we got there, it wasn't what I expected.  It was a plane hull on top of a building, with the wings on a nearby beach!  Mr. Percy's brother, Marvin, is living there right now because his house burned down.  It used to be a restaurant.  There were pigs lying in the yard.  It was sorta cool.  We went home after that.

After dinner, we played Sorry.  Dad won.  I had fun.  I am
J. ©

Monday, 5/11/09

Today was awesome!  Mr. Robert invited us to see the school.  It was a one-room schoolhouse with separate buildings for lunch and a computer lab.  There are 11 kids, but one is in Nassau right now.  The grades are separated by chalkboards.  Mr. Robert and his wife are the only teachers.    I made friends with Dimarcio (5th grade) and his sister (1st grade).  They are Phil's kids.  I also made friends with Ashton (5th grade).  I also met some other kids.  I had fun.  We got to eat lunch with them too.  The kids' moms come and cook lunch.  It was a good experience.

Then we got internet at the Bonefish Lodge again.  We went down to the salt ponds for salt.
  The town still uses them for their own salt.  A long time ago, they harvested it to sell, but not much anymore.  We gathered a lot of salt.  We got ice cream at Maxine's and came home.

We raised anchor and sailed back to Double Breasted cay this afternoon.  I am happy. ©

Tuesday, 5/12/09

We did a long day of school today.  But I had fun afterwards.  Mom, Bro & I went to a beach on Margaret Cay.  First, we found hamburger beans and sea hearts.  Mom even found a sea purse!  Then Chris and I build a sand castle.  I built a town, while Bro built the castle.  After we built it, we played around.  Well, the farmers got mad about taxes and shot down the sheriff's and wizard's towers.  So, the wizard zapped down two houses with lightning.  Then, the boll weevils came and ate the royal and farmer's crops.  After that, the destructors (Chris and me) came through and destroyed it all.  One farmhouse survived.  But I found out and smashed (maybe squashed is a better word) it into the ground.  I had so much fun.  I am
J. ©

Wednesday, 5/13/09

Today was good.  Early in the morning, we sailed a short distance to Raccoon Cay.  A tropical wave is coming and we came here for better protection.

Before we left Double Breasted Cay, we snorkeled where we did on 5/9/09.  There were a lot more fish.  I saw an inshore lizardfish!  I've never seen one before.  I also saw a cottonwick ( type of grunt that I've not seen before).

After we arrived here at Raccoon Cay, we went to the beach.  Chris and I built four sand kingdoms connected by a road.  I made the towns and helped decorate towers with shells and leaves.  It was fun.

We explored some ruins.  We found three walls of a building and a small channel in the rock with slits for a door or gate.  It was cool and mysterious.  I had fun.  Then we came home.  I am happy. ©

Thursday, 5/14/09

Today wasn't much.  After school, we went to the beach.  But I was bored because we didn't do anything.  We moved one bay over for better protection.  I played some fun games on Dad's computer.  That's it.  I am
J. ©
next page
last page